Saturday, May 26, 2012

Goodies

So here are the goodies I got last week (I also got the lining for my pants and 2 half yards to finish my patchwork skirt, but those are not in this picture)...



The purple fabric is simply gorgeous, the photo does not do the color or texture any justice at all. It's a poly shantung, and will end up being a shirt dress made from McCall's 4769. I really wanted to get a silk dupioni, but I refuse to have fabrics in my wardrobe that have special washing requirements. If it can't be gently washed in the washer, I will end up ruining it, so I got the next best thing. The silver fabric is 'Silkessense' and it is soooo soft to touch. It will become a blouse from Vogue 8772. I'm stoked about the jeans pattern, and plan to get some fabric for them in the next couple of weeks.

And this is what I came home with this week for patterns...



As well as this fabric...


The top three are knits, the blue and grey will end up as a tee shirt from Butterick 5215 and the other two knits will be dresses from Simplicity 2189. The floral camo is a silky fabric that I am going to do a test run of the shirt dress with and the red floral is a cotton that I'm going to make a test of the Vogue blouse with (before cutting into the pretty silky and significantly more expensive fabrics in the first picture). All five of these came from the clearance shelf, which were on sale beyond the regular clearance price so they were a steal.

I hope everyone has a safe and enjoyable Memorial Day weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment