Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Simple Dresses With Pre-Shirred Fabric

Power and internet has been flickering here, so this post is going to be short and sweet...

I finished the dresses for my niece today...She loves Hello Kitty.


I zig-zagged the elastic in place before pre-washing, and then cut the fabric so that after sewing with a 1/2" seam there would be 3" of negative ease. I opted for a single seam in the back.


I used bias tape to make the straps, and after my niece gets the dresses I will shorten them if needed. They are just simple ties at the shoulders. The dresses were super simple and came together very quickly.

One of my friend's schedules changed this week, so we didn't have a chance to get the fabric for her niece, so I still have another one or two to make whenever we do get the chance. I did get out to get the materials for the sandals for my other friend, but I'm not doing too much with them this week. And I'm working on a purse for yet another friend of mine, as well as a matching wallet. I don't think there will be any sewing happening on items for me this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment