Friday, June 8, 2012

Weekly Round Up - 6/8


I could have done more this week, sewing-wise, as I could have every other week, but I chose to spend some of my time reading rather than sewing. I miss reading books that I want to read as much as I miss sewing during the school year.

I completed two dresses for my niece's birthday...her party is this Sunday and Hello Kitty is one of her favorite things, so I'm sure they will be a hit.


I also finished a purse and matching wallet for a friend, who has a birthday this month and still uses one of the first (and horribly embarrassing) purses I ever made.



The purse I made her a few years ago lacks body and structure, and looks very home-ec to me, but she loves it and I am hoping she loves this one too!


I kind of started working on the sandals for my other friend, but haven't gotten much done there really.

Next week I am finishing those sandals, possibly getting a shirt made for my son, and hopefully getting at least one item made for me.


Projects Completed

2 Shirred Dresses (for my niece) - no pattern
Purse (for a very deserving friend) - my own design
Wallet (for a very deserving friend ) - my own design

Works in Progress

Sandals (for a friend) - inspired by an etsy tutorial

Projects To Do

Shirred Dresses (for my friend's niece) - no pattern - shirred fabric (need to buy)
Men's Shirt (for son #1) - no pattern chosen - no fabric chosen
Sandals (for a friend) - inspired by an etsy tutorial
Purse (for a very deserving friend) - my own design - grey & silver cotton in stash
Blouse - Vogue 8772 - red cotton print in stash
Shirt Dress - McCall's 4769 - camo floral silky in stash
Tee Shirt - Butterick 5215 - blue and grey knit in stash
Maxi Dress - Simplicity 2189 - floral knit in stash
Blouse - Vogue 8772 - grey silky solid in stash
Shirt Dress - McCall's 4769 - purple poly shantung in stash
Dress - Coffee Date Dress, free Burda pattern - black/white silky print in stash
Peasant Top - Simplicity 3956 - teal paisley print in stash
Pants - Vogue 2907 view A - green suiting in stash
Men's Bi-Fold Wallet (requested by a friend) - my own design - no fabric chosen
Purse (for me) - my own design - no fabric chosen yet
Wallet (for me) - my own design - no fabric chosen yet
Dress - Simplicity 3506 view A - black/purple silky print in stash
8 Gore Skirt - self drafted pattern - cream suiting in stash
Top - princess seam bodice - red silky solid in stash
Bolero - Simplicity 3921 view ? - green velvety fabric in stash
Top - Vogue 2987 top - multi-colored knit/jersey/stretchy in stash


No comments:

Post a Comment